“‘Developing our future, protecting our heritage”
Braughing is a beautiful rural and historic village in East Hertfordshire. In 2015 we were engaged by Braughing Parish Council to develop their Neighbourhood Plan. At that stage there were very few approved neighbourhood plans in existence, so there was no real template to guide the activities of the various sub-groups. We helped them define their list of objectives and, over time, develop the policies and plans to support their aspirations. We engaged with the very active local community and supported them in their research and decisions to produce a plan that they are extremely proud of, that will make Braughing a better place to live now, and for future generations.
The timeline below provides a quick snapshot of the work Govresources carried out:
- September 2015 – the vision and objectives were drafted, the eight core themes were established.
- November 2015 – the first open day, Govresources helped in ensuring that this event was successful.
- September 2015 – November 2016 – Govresources drafted parts of the Neighbourhood Plan while volunteers wrote other parts.
- January 2017 – Pre-submission consultation, responses were assessed and recommendations on changes to the plan made to the parish council.
- September 2017 – the plan was ratified by the parish council and submitted to East Herts
- April 2018 – Examiner’s report was published and the neighbourhood plan was amended based on the comments from the report.
- July 2018 – The referendum took place and 81% of the public voted in support of the plan.
- September 2018 – Braughing Parish Neighbourhood was adopted.
The snapshot above shows the work is resource and time sensitive, and by working with Govresources, this process was made easier.